Sunday, October 25, 2009

Homemade Halal Bak Chang



This year, i made my own halal bak chang at home. It looks difficult to make but actually it is very easy. Just that it is time consuming as u need to prepare the ingredients (stir fry) and wrap with bamboo leaves. The cooking takes at least 2 hours of boiling. I made both salted and sweet bak chang. As this is my first attempt to wrap bak chang, i ended up wrapping mini bak chang which is palm size big. I searched the website for instructions of how to wrap the bak chang and tried to follow the instructions but somehow my first attempt failed terribly. So i ended up seeking help from my neighbour (an old lady who is very nice to us) to teach me how to wrap. Will upload the recipe soon. Belows are the pix of my bak chang.

2 comments:

  1. its nice sister...i like it very much. thanks for sharing it with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, can u share the recipe with me? really want to try cooking bak chang..:)

    ReplyDelete